Stellar Sovereignty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Space and Speed

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
REDSHEILD

REDSHEILD

Space and Speed Empty
PostSubject: Space and Speed   Space and Speed EmptyWed May 29, 2013 6:56 am

Okay, so I did the calculations for the size and shape of Vathari space last night. My end result was this:

157 total colonies, discounting important worlds (Vathar, Oncar).

20 major colonies, also discounting said worlds.

Diameter of Vathari space: 774.375 lightyears.

Twenty sectors, one for each major system, each with a sphere of territory about 203.65 lightyears in diameter, with approximately 7.85 colonized systems distributed in each sphere.

From there I estimated my FTL speed to be 11.26 lightyears per day, or about 4110.5c.

Now, of course, I am wondering how this stacks up against everyone else's estimates. I am of course doing this more for fun than game reasons and in the game itself I will probably adjust to what seems reasonable.
Back to top Go down
Sentor

Sentor

Space and Speed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Space and Speed   Space and Speed EmptyWed May 29, 2013 10:54 am

157 colonies? The Concordat has 4 on a similar tech level. I'd assume your colony systems are much less dense?
Back to top Go down
REDSHEILD

REDSHEILD

Space and Speed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Space and Speed   Space and Speed EmptyWed May 29, 2013 10:59 am

Yeah, the major worlds are the only ones that would be on par with your worlds. Also it's very decentralized. The Communate is more akin to a loose collection of independent nations.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Space and Speed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Space and Speed   Space and Speed Empty

Back to top Go down

Space and Speed
Page 1 of 1