Stellar Sovereignty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Anit System

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
MissingAxis

MissingAxis

Anit System Empty
PostSubject: Anit System   Anit System EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 4:38 pm

The Anit System is used as the Commonwealth's testing grounds for various new technologies or the practical application of current technologies. It contains two dozen terrestrial worlds with varying atmospheres and compositions. A single gas giant orbits between the inner eight worlds and the outer sixteen, with its blue and white storms clearly visible from the nearest worlds.

Of particular note here are the two linked stargates in the system, leading only to each other, which have been used for testing in-system wormhole travel. Tests have been inconclusive so far, and the Commonwealth lacks enough confidence to send live Gyraci through, so drones have been heavily used.

While Anit V lacks a planetary fleet of its own, it has a decent number of mercenaries hired in exchange for their services being advertised. These mercenaries often wait in orbit or throughout the system to be contacted for jobs, or summoned to defend the planet.
Back to top Go down
VasilyxZaytsev

VasilyxZaytsev

Anit System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anit System   Anit System EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 4:40 pm

"Calm, calm." Ntorak scratched Varock's back. His biological back, not the enormous shell of his carrier ship frame. Not that that had a back, it was spherical for resource conservation. Varock was always quietly ashamed about how much he cost.
"You are twitchy, like a Nezzerit in the jaws. You will dislodge wire, and then we will lose gravity, and float around like wubblefish."
Varock smiled. Or he would have, had he retained control of his face.
"I am sealed tight, the Greater Hive is not so foolish as to allow something so simple as a wriggly pilot to threaten the trillions of units! It is just, no matter what the council decides, this mission will be horrifying; yet again we meet the void, yes?"

It was about a month since the Greater hives 2nd and 3rd contact, and the council had mostly agreed that Varock's decisions had been efficient. It was generally said that this was perhaps not the best way to introduce oneself to the galaxy at large, but then again what could be done? The Scans had been golden though, and much information had been learned!

For example, the sensor data from the so-called ‘system 72’ had been confirmed to be FTL jumping. Also, it was discovered that Species b), the insane, possible non-biological radiation proof things had a particular electro-magnetic signature, that could be traced. But more important, 4th contact was potential in ‘system 72’! Maybe this time friendly, rather than horrifically violent or mysterious and insane!

Ntarok twitched, then adjusted Varock's sodium intake. The accident had wiped out most of Varock's crew, and ripped apart Varock. To have Ntarok assigned as his fleshcarer was perfectly logical sense.

"Carrier Varock! This is Hive Fleet Administration. Plan is this; Splukch with universal translator already installed. Initiate diplomacy. This will introduce Greater hive well! Harvest materials, and Splukch back. If things are not going well, Splukch back; we need the data, as well as the boats. Even if it does not seem to be a resource efficient maneuver, you must return. Knowledge will save the Hive!"

"Understood Administration. Engineering, please install Universal Translator! All Hive brothers, Splukch in 60."

The universal translator had been modified based on return data. Theoretically, it should make a bit more sense, was the response. We aren’t sure. 58% sure. We are not aliens.
"Aha! Exciting! The Hive prospers and endures!"
"Let us see crewmate. Let us see."

An enormous metal sphere suddenly interrupted the Anit system. After a few seconds, the following message was broadcasted.
"Hello! This is the Ship Varock, from the Greater Hive! We wish to peaceably communicate for mutual prosperity!"

In the meantime, clean ups were being done all around the ship. That had been a particularly rough Splukch, with 2 fatalities and 34 injuries. Everyone, at the very least, had expelled his stomach contents.
Back to top Go down
MissingAxis

MissingAxis

Anit System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anit System   Anit System EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 2:40 pm

A single science vessel sat motionless near a stargate.

"Did you hear that?"
"That doesn't look like any Commonwealth ship I've ever seen."
"Whoever they are, they do not speak Gyrato well. 'Greetings, Varock ship of Hive Great this are. Pacifist communing requested deeply in our hearts, we love helping'?"
"I've never heard of a Hive Great, or a Varock."
"Guys, I think this is First Contact."

A drone drifted towards the science vessel from a nearby stargate. After a few minutes in the science vessel, it was launched back through the stargate, and it was then that the ship finally replied.

"Er, hello?"
Back to top Go down
VasilyxZaytsev

VasilyxZaytsev

Anit System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anit System   Anit System EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 2:39 am

The atmosphere was tense. Even those onboared Varock who hadn't been there during the Exploration fleets last voyage had heard the story; all of the Hive had. News, it seemed, travelled faster than light.

It had been such a disappointment, and worst still, a confirmation of all fears. The universe did, indeed harbor exactly the sort of malevolent forces, the fear of which had spurred Djnar millenia ago to forgo their petty squabbles and unite into the Greater Hive. Varock believed he could empathise with that first unfortunate crew that had pierced the permanent cloud layer of Djnaricah, and to their horror discovered that the sky went on forever.

But just as Djnar had discovered that the sea harbored not only pain and terror, but also useful resources and wonders that, indeed, could be turned against potential danger, so it was hoped that the Stars would posess the means by which the Hive could not only endure, but perhaps prosper. To use whatever they were blessed with, so that eventually that which they feared might be crushed underfoot, made to submit as the terrible Terrahks had once been subdued.

The ship was near silent, as the reply came back.
"Uncertain/Nervous welcome, is it?"

Their was a few more seconds, as the ships Crews digested this. Then the hallways erupted into shrill Shreiks and warblings of joy. Warriors beat their chests, many a sigh of relief was heard. The Janitorial Crews began to sing "We Dig with Joy" whilst mopping up vomit. One Djnar attempted to warble in the medbay, punching the stump of an arm into the air as the medical crew prepared his prosthetics.
Varock could not help but warble himself, although the sound came out harsh and gurgled through his ruined throat. He checked himself, knowing that he was still being broadcasted. But spacefarers! And ones that didn't, at least for the moment, want to erradicated all he had ever cared about! Now he felt like those first Djnar treading the sands of Shuretth, being greeted with sea-meats by the first Yesk tribe to ever see Djnar.

"Please! Do not fear! The Hive wishes you no harm! We like friends! We just want to meet you so far! And maybe mine a little! Who am I talking too?"
Back to top Go down
MissingAxis

MissingAxis

Anit System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anit System   Anit System EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 10:42 pm

"I beg that you do not fear the Collective! It means not to harm a Gyrac. Good people are enjoyed! We intend to meet you far and perhaps dig rocks with good people. Your name?"

"This is Research Director Yer of Anit V. And you are?"

Off screen, Yer motioned for the captain to keep the ship moving.
Back to top Go down
VasilyxZaytsev

VasilyxZaytsev

Anit System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anit System   Anit System EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 6:48 am

Seeing his new friends move, Varock thought he would follow. He willed his subluminal drives forward, to keep pace with the much smaller ship, although at a respectful distance.

"Definite Seeker-know Administrator Yer from Anit Archaic Five. You?"

"This is the Carrier ship Varock, and our mission is to explore and diplomat for the Greater Hive."
Back to top Go down
MissingAxis

MissingAxis

Anit System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anit System   Anit System EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 7:52 pm

"They're an emissary. Alien emissaries!"

"Quiet down. Captain, set a course for the nearest stargate, other than the testing pair. I'll get them to follow us. We're going straight to the capital with them."

"What? You can't be serious."

"I'm not taking them back to Anit V if that's what you want me to do. My name is going on this. Yer, Gyrakarr's Emissary. I'll be famous. Now get the ship moving."

"I better get my name put on this as 'The Reluctant Captain Who Was Right All Along'."

"Follow us. We're going... Home."
Back to top Go down
VasilyxZaytsev

VasilyxZaytsev

Anit System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anit System   Anit System EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 10:03 pm

Pursue. Journey... Nest
Varock paused. The small vessel was leading to a huge...round...thing. He scanned it. Then rescanned it. He searched his data banks, thought very hard and could not for the life of him figure it out. What the hell was it.

"This is Carrier Ship Varock to all Crew, if anyone has any idea what that is, please speak up."
"Gravitronic energy capacitor?"
"Some sort of...communication array?"
"Ooh! Mass driver! its a huge mass driver!"
"Theres a few of them in the area...could be what was pulsing...Oh! Their some sort of FTL device! Their Warp portals!"

Warp portals! Now that was and idea. No more Splukching, except to build a portal at the other end! This would save lives!

"Well, we definitely can't just follow them in, there could be like a bunch of ships on the other side waiting to blow us up...Tell you what, all non essential science trained personnel board fighters. I'm venting cargo bays, lets see if we can get us some tech."

The huge, ship moved somewhat towards the gate, before a swarm of small ships suddenly erupted from ventral ports all along it. These little fighters flew over to the warp gate, and began clamping onto it, releasing its cargo of power armoured Djnar.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Anit System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anit System   Anit System Empty

Back to top Go down

Anit System
Page 1 of 1